Propane Equipment Installed by Twictchell Fuel
Not all propane heating equipment is created equal, there is a wide variety of available heating equipment and choosing the right or wrong equipment is the most significant factor in how much money you will save when converting to propane heat. Our energy advisors can help you choose the most efficient heating equipment that best meets your individual heating needs.
Here are a few things you should consider when making the choice to upgrade to a new efficient propane heating equipment:
• General Propane Equipment Suggestions
• Do not rely on AFUE Efficiency Ratings
• Avoid purchasing propane equipment that involve atmospheric burners
• Avoid purchasing propane equipment that does not required electricity (unless you do not have access to electricity)
• Propane Hot Water Boiler Suggestions
• When replacing an existing system, choose the new propane system that will most efficiently heat the existing radiation.
• Appropriately match a propane boiler to the radiation (new construction) to ensure minimizing annual heating costs.
• Avoid Chimney vented propane boilers, most are very inefficient, with the exception of Energy Kinetics System 2000 boilers.
• Propane Warm Air Furnaces Suggestions
• Upgrade to a modulating two stage furnace to realize peak efficiency.
• Choose a model that has a variable speed motor to maximize comfort.
• Propane Water Heater Suggestions
• Reduce Costs by avoiding tank water heaters
• Purchase efficient tankless/on demand propane water heaters
• Heat Domestic Hot water off an existing propane boiler.
Twitchell Fuel Installs propane heating equipment in Chesterville, Farmington Falls, Farmington, Mount Vernon, New Sharon, Strong, and Wilton.